POSITION: Account Manager
LOCATION: Deerfield Beach, FL
DEPARTMENT: Lawn Maintenance
The Account Manager is responsible for the overall supervision of the lawn maintenance crews. This position also fosters the client/company relationship, through meetings and check in’s to ensure quality and consistency is maintained.
- Manage 3+ subordinate supervisors that supervise 3-5 crews each in the lawn maintenance division
- Provide Aspire training and implementation as outlined by management
- Perform site inspections for quality control. Perform regular walkthrough with Team leaders during inspections as a part of holding them accountable for quality.
- Assist in new maintenance contract bids.
- Provide bids and designs for larger refurbishment projects with team members.
- Set quarterly goals for properties on an ongoing basis.
- Communicate with property managers/clients to ensure satisfaction.
- Review calendars at the end of the month for the following month’s schedule.
- Review calendars daily to be certain services are on track.
- Create enhancement proposals outgoing on jobs.
- Review lawn maintenance man-hours weekly. Assess low paying jobs for strategies for improvement.
- Assist Team Leaders in managing job hours and efficiency.
- Assist Team Leaders in managing overtime at an acceptable level.
- Assist in the hiring process including interviewing as necessary.
- Assist in employee training.
- Perform employee evaluation of Team Leaders
- Assist with employee disciplinary measures when necessary
- Address complaints and resolves issueS with clients
- Address complaints and resolve issues with employees.
- Make staffing decision in regard to hiring and firing
- Additional duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently works with mechanical objects and outside in all weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals
- Frequently exposed to loud noise levels
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or other related field.
- Ten years of experience in landscaping industry.
- At least five years of experience in Financial Management
- Demonstrated leadership ability
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Work.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Creole is preferred.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk and sit. The employee is occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.