POSITION: Arborist Crew Leader / Climber / Bucket Operator
LOCATION: Deerfield Beach, FL
FLSA: Non-Exempt – Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Arbor Department
We are seeking an experienced Arborist Crew Leader / Climber / Bucket Operator with a passion for arboriculture.
- Perform all aspects of tree care in accordance with written job specifications and ANSI standards, with and without direct supervision.
- Lead and communicate with the crew as needed to ensure high levels of safety, quality, attention to detail, customer satisfaction; assist in training less experienced employees.
- Drive trucks with trailers, including daily safety inspections before and after operating.
- Operate equipment including chainsaw, chipper, tractor, skid steer, leaf blower, etc., including periodic maintenance/repairs.
- Work safely and comply with company policies and ANSI/OSHA regulations for tree care operations, including wearing all appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) as provided by the company.
- Complete and retain basic skills training with a willingness to pursue additional training and certification as needed.
- Perform all Ground Worker duties, traffic and pedestrian control, and other relevant duties as operationally necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Be physically fit with their own climbing gear (the company will replace consumables).
- Be motivated to expand and improve skillsets continuously.
- Have 3+ years of verifiable experience in tree care with an emphasis on climbing and/or bucket truck operation.
- Be proficient in safely performing all aspects of modern tree care, including strong tree ID skills, climbing (with and without spikes), rigging, pruning, and felling techniques.
- Hold Class B CDL, or the ability to obtain Class B within 90 days of hire (utilizing company vehicles).
- Have experience driving CDL truck w/ air brakes.
- Work safely with job hazards including but not limited to equipment and vehicle operation, drop zone awareness, loud noise, wood chipper dust, gasoline and diesel exhaust, chemicals including fuel, oil, and electrical hazards, etc.
- Able to comply with US DOT regulations for commercial vehicle drivers; pass a pre-employment DOT physical and drug screen and random drug screening as needed; driver qualification is a mandatory element of this position.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Regular work schedule is Tuesday through Saturday w/ some Sundays, and each workday is usually 8 hours in length.
- Start and end times vary in this industry. For this position, the start time is 7:00 AM; the end time is 3:30 PM. You must have your own reliable transportation to and from work.
- Storm damage work crews go on call to ensure quick response to our clients, and our work times may be different from our regular schedule.
Highly competitive hourly compensation is based on experience and qualifications.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Able to work on all types of terrain and regularly lift/drag/pull 50 lbs. and occasionally up to 100 lbs.; willing to stretch and utilize proper lifting techniques.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and/or stand; occasional walking.